We finally meet Hal's much-dreaded boss:
If you haven't been following it and think you might like to start, it starts here.
By way of apology, I normally try to get something up for you all on Monday, but as it happens, this week I find I keep thinking about it and it keeps getting longer; for whatever reason, here at Approachably Reclusive, I find I like to say some things that I don't think I've seen said quite that way before, and sometimes it takes me a while to figure out what I mean to say.
There's also a boatload of other stuff to get done, including a fairly hot streak on The Last President, which is the now-getting-painfully-late third Directive 51 book.
Also I'm finishing up the lastest edition of the newsletter, and will be posting that to the subscribers within a few days. For those of you who haven't seen this announcement before: if you'd like to receive my irregular newsletter, which contains
1) barefaced self-promotion,
2) blatant attempts to sell you stuff,
3) a certain amount of gossipish chatter about my personal life, which unfortunately is so dull that dishwater and oatmeal both sneer at it, and
4) an essay not published elsewhere -- this one discusses some of my "lost" short stories and why most of them will stay lost
5) occasional spiffy deals on Barnesian merchandise,
then drop me a note via the "Email me" thingie in the sidebar, and tell me you'd like to be added to the mailing list.
So a big thoughty blog is coming along pretty soon, the newsletter is coming along about as soon, and The Last President is at least coming along. As always, watch this space.